Maintenance Agreement Terms & Conditions
Midwest Generator Solutions specializes in the installation, maintenance and repair of home and commercial standby generators and emergency backup generators in Indiana.
1. All generator maintenance shall be performed pursuant to this agreement and shall occur during the months of April, May, June, July, and August. The client agrees that Midwest Generator Solutions may show up anytime during this period without getting prior approval.
2. The client may select the month and day that their maintenance shall be performed; however, the client may not select the date or time that their maintenance shall be performed. Client must select these preferences on the front page of this Maintenance Service Agreement.
3. Repairs, replacement parts, and any additional labor performed in execution of the manufacturer’s warranty are outside the scope of this generator maintenance service agreement and are considered repair service. Generator maintenance service shall be performed according to the factory service schedule for the make and model of the client’s generator. (See Owner’s Manual for complete details.) Any necessary repairs or parts replacement shall be brought to the client’s attention, and any costs related to these repairs or parts replacement must be authorized, in writing, before any work is performed. Repair costs shall be determined from our standard labor rates, less 10%.
4. All service calls not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty shall incur a standard trip fee of $125, less 10%. The trip fee is for travel to the client’s location and includes up to one (1) hour diagnostic time. After the first one (1) hour, a fee of $100.00 per hour, less 10%, shall be charged. Trip fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the visit. Trip fees for repairs determined to be covered under warranty shall not be charged to the client. Trip fees to the client shall be waived if repairs to the unit are able to be completed while technician is on site performing maintenance service.
5. All maintenance parts and material (excluding oil consumption) under this maintenance contract shall be warranted for a period of 90 days.
6. Maintenance, service, and warranty work shall be performed during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays. In the event of an emergency service, overtime charges will apply and must be arranged prior to and agreed upon in advance. Maintenance, service, and warranty work can only be done while the unit is not running and is under utility power. Failure to be present or provide access to the premises and equipment, including the indoor automatic transfer switch, may result in additional charges.
7. This agreement does not cover liability for injury that results from inherent defects in the buyer’s equipment or operation, or from any delay or failure in performing service or maintenance due wholly or partially to circumstances beyond technician’s control (i.e. fires, material shortages, labor interruptions, government regulations, weather, acts of God, etc.).
8. The client shall assume all risks of loss or damage to equipment, property, and life caused by the equipment’s failure to provide standby power. Client waives all claims made against Midwest Generator Solutions.
9. This agreement contains the entire understanding between MGS and the client. Any modification, amendments, or changes must be made in writing and signed by both parties.
10. Any maintenance, services, or warranty work performed by anyone other than an employee of Midwest Generator Solutions will void all warranties implied or expressed by Midwest Generator Service.
11. All electrical and mechanical work associated with the generator is solely the responsibility of the client.
12. Client agrees to pay for all costs of collection, attorney fees, and court costs if this agreement or issues related to this agreement are litigated.
We Sell, Install and Service Generators
Read More about
OUR RECENT BLOG ARTICLES
The 3 Best Inverter Generators
Most people probably have never had to know what it is to live without electricity. But the number of people that have gone through some natural disaster keeps increasing every year. According to the Washington Post, “the Sooner State’s tornado count climbed to 146, including the swarm of 105 during May. This number eclipses the previous record of…Read More
Briggs & Stratton Generator Installation Cost
Power outages are becoming more common, with an increase in natural disasters every year. Being without power can be especially dangerous during months of extreme heat or cold. Investing in a generator now ensures your family’s safety and comfort in the future if and when a power outage occurs. Briggs & Stratton Generators Briggs and…Read More
Do Generators Need Maintenance?
t’s your worst nightmare. A storm is on the horizon, and you’ve gone to power up your generator, only to find that it won’t start. Unfortunately, the time before a storm or blackout is the least convenient time to troubleshoot problems with your generator. It’s incredibly inconvenient when you realize you could’ve easily prevented these problems…Read More